Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween and Health

A little catch up on what we've been up to.  We had some snow a couple weeks ago and Jim built quite the snowman.  The boys had fun bundling up and playing in it.  Ezra was so funny that morning pointing out the window and oohhing and aahhing.  He didn't seem to really remember snow, although he sometimes watches a video of himself playing in snow last year.  Emmett mentioned being so excited about skiing this year.
 
The next week Emmett got sick at daycare in the late afternoon.  It was the first time he has ever thrown up and I was afraid that he would be completely freaked out.  I went to get him and he was fine, pretty excited to be playing with toys that no one else could touch.  (When a kid gets sick they put a blanket down away from the rest of the kids and get them out toys to play with until their parent gets there, then decontaminate everything).  He was fine the rest of the night and on Tuesday (I don't work Tuesdays) and so we proceeded to work on Wednesday.  In the late morning he said he wasn't feeling well so I went and got both of them.  I think Emmett was just nervous about getting sick again, and also realized that if he says he is sick he gets to come home, although he did take a pretty long nap that afternoon.  Things seemed back to normal on Thursday, thankfully.

Jim and I got a day date on Friday as we were both off work and put the boys in daycare to get some things done.  It was very successful for us to get lots done and also enjoy some leisurly conversation going out to coffee in the morning and out to lunch together.  That evening as we carved pumpkins as a family my eyes started to hurt.  I realized they were very red. 

Saturday morning both boys had signs of pinkeye also.  I've had it before and it went away on it's own so I didn't think a dr. visit was necessary.  It ended up getting worse and now I know that with kids you just go to the doctor at the first sign.  We missed church and our church harvest party on Sunday and Jim stayed home with the boys on Monday and took them to the doctor and got them started on antibiotic drops.  He also took them to a big event called Trick or Treat Street where a bunch of businesses hand out candy.  By Tuesday their eyes were a lot better, after 24 hours on the drops they aren't contagious anymore.  So they got to wear their costumes to daycare on Wednesday and had a fun party.  Wednesday evening I took them around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat and they had a great time doing that. 


Getting ready to trick-or-treat

Our Jack-O-Lanterns


 My eyes seemed to be getting better, but then they started taking a turn for the worst and I started on eye drops too.  Getting the eyedrops in the boys wasn't very fun, especially with Ezra, so glad to be done with that.  Friday I took Emmett to gymnastics open gym and then we had a dentist appointment.  On Saturday we went to cheer Jim on at a cyclocross race.  The weather has been amazing this Fall.  The race was on the west side of the Tetons and we barely needed jackets.  It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas is right on its heels.  Jim did good in the race, the first he's ever done of that type of racing and learned a lot. 

No comments: