We went to a small local air show last weekend. We have plans to go to a big air show next weekend, so we thought this would be good practice. The weather started out very cold and a small shower came through, but the sun came out and it turned out to be a nice day. It was really fun to watch the small acrobatic planes.
 |
| Emmett did 20 push-ups to get an army bracelet |
 |
| This airplane flew right-side-up under the rope and then flew upside-down and cut the rope! |
 |
| The Jelly Belly plane landed on this pick-up several times |
The rest of the weekend involved making dinner for some friends with a new baby, church, celebrating father's day, and doing some refrigerator shopping. Friday we went to the zoo, library (started the summer reading program) and Costco.
During the week we got to participate in a surprise baby shower and playgroup get together, I had book club (it had been my month to pick the book and so I picked our restaurant), and our small group. Friday I had a doctors appointment and I passed my glucose test, which made me very happy since I failed the initial one in both of my previous pregnancies and had to do the fasting 3 hour test. I am up to going to the doctor ever 2 weeks now.
Saturday we went to Jim's work picnic. They had a hobby show this year and he displayed a canvas of one of his photographs. Participating in the hobby show gave us an express pass for the food line, which every other year would have been a huge bonus, but this year the lines were short! The boys got their faces painted and played on the bounce houses. Then we ate lunch and got cotton candy. Then they looked at the Idaho National Lab fire trucks and Emmett went through the trailer that is full of smoke to practice getting out of a smoky place. They did the bounce houses a little more and then I came home and they went to the softball game for a while.
I was making dinner for two families and I got to go visit with them and hold a couple more babies. It feels like there has been an explosion of babies, and actually I have taken dinner to five families in four weeks, so it's been a little crazy! I only know one more person who is due before me and that should be in August, so maybe now I should continue the pattern of cooking extra one night a week and start freezing meals for us!
 |
| Ezra made his cotton candy disappear ridiculously fast |
 |
| So sticky! |
 |
| This robin may be albino |
No comments:
Post a Comment