Friday, November 7, 2014

Elliott at 2 Months

Elliott turned two months old in the middle of the week.  He had his first day of daycare on Monday and did well besides some leaky bottles.  I went at lunch time to visit and nurse him.  On Tuesday he had his 2 month well check and first immunizations.  While we waited I was wearing him in a front carrier.  He was fast asleep.  The first thing they do is have you undress them for getting weighed and he screamed about as hard as he ever has when I woke him up and undressed him.  He wasn't very happy for the nurse, but had calmed down by the time the doctor came in.  I didn't really have any questions for the doctor.  He spits up more than the other boys did, but other than that it's been smooth sailing.  His two month stats are: Weight 10lb 11.5oz (19%) Height 22 3/4 inches (44%) Head Circumference 39 1/4 cm (62%).  He's about a pound and a half lighter than his brothers were at 2 months, but of course he started smaller too.  The doctor said he looked great and he cried for the shots but not as bad as when I undressed him.  
 He sleeps some in the crib in his room and some in the pack and play in our room.  He's been waking up three times in the night to eat, but the past couple nights it's been just twice, so hopefully that will continue.
 He's very easy to soothe, he never cries very hard for very long.  He is starting to sleep less during the day, but still only likes to be awake for about 1.5 hours at a time.  His brothers both like him more than I was expecting.  Ezra wants to be near him and touch him and comment on how soft he is.  Ezra also covers his ears when Elliott cries.  Emmett is in awe of how big he is in comparison to Elliott and thinks it's pretty awesome to make him smile.
 He loves to be worn in various carriers and usually goes  mostly asleep when worn.  He is too big for the sling now and getting too big for the Moby wrap to be comfortable on me, so he is mostly riding in a Boba carrier which is like an Ergo.
 He likes getting put on the changing table, he gives the best smiles and "talks" the most there.  So far I think he looks like a cross between Ezra and Emmett.  Most people think he looks more like Emmett, but I can see them both.


2 comments:

Beth said...

He is ADORABLE! What great pictures. It's hard to believe it's already 2 months-and we don't get to see him again for another month and a half. Love, Mom T

Mom S said...

Fun to hear all about him! He is so cute! Love the pics of him in the brown hat!