Saturday, September 7, 2024

April and May 2024

 April was dominated by soccer practice and games for Elliott and Emmett and Taekwondo practices for Ezra.  Ezra also continued his online math class and Elliott his piano lessons.  Emmett and I took Elliott up to a birthday party in Rexburg at a trampoline park and went to Curry Pizza, our favorite Indian Pizza place.  Ezra and I went to the district musical, West Side Story.  I helped with our elementary school's Donuts with Grownups event.  Elliott, Ezra, and I went to Matilda put on by Emmett's high school and we were blown away, it was so good and I felt it was much better than West Side Story.  Jim, Emmett and I skied at Grand Targhee on their closing day for the season.  Jim celebrated 20 years with his company and got a clock.  Elliott's team was awarded runner up at PVSC Spring Classic, a soccer tournament in Pocatello.


Spring Soccer at its finest, playing in a snow squall

A view of the Tetons on closing day

Jim's 20 year anniversary clock

Elliott and I killed some time finding indoor activities during his Pocatello tournament



Fishing at the local pond

May continued with busy sports schedules.  I went to a regional Moms in Prayer event and met up with other leaders.  It was a good encouragement.  Ezra got another belt promotion to move up to yellow belt in Taekwondo.  I helped with teacher appreciation week at the elementary school.  Emmett had his first job interview for a job at the new city owned pickleball courts.  He found out a couple weeks later that he didn't get the job, and we felt it was mostly due to his age and inability to work the later shift.  Our soccer club hosted a tournament and Jim and I helped with that, manning the headquarters tent and giving rides to referees in golf carts to various fields.  Jim also took lunch to the referees at a satellite location.  Emmett's team won their championship game and got first in their division.

An early May dusting of snow


Promoted to Yellow Belt

Ready for a job interview


A picture with some of the moms since it was Mother's Day Weekend


We saw the IF (Imaginary Friend) movie at the theater.  Ezra had a choir concert.  Elliott started a track and field program.  Ezra went to an Escape Room birthday party.  I helped with Field Day at the elementary school. Jim's parents came for a visit and got to see a couple soccer games and a Taekwondo practice.  While they were here we developed a leak from our garbage disposal and they helped Jim get that replaced.  They also helped Jim purchase, transport, and build a shed.  

Northern Lights were visible...better in photos than to the naked eye

Mother's Day with my crew

My mother's day gift



Elliott, Jim, Everest and I hiked Menan Butte


Opening my birthday gifts

Everest sporting his new post-bath wearable towel

Playing at our local sand dune


Watching Elliott's soccer game

Last day of school

No comments: