Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pandora Christmas Music

If you are not familiar with Pandora.com, you've gotta try it. It is a great way to discover new music in the styles that you like. I have been loving it lately for Christmas music. It's also good for finding kids music. Now I just need some better speakers for my laptop.

The other day we had Gideon over. The boys played hard for about an hour and a half and then they both took naps. I made gingerbread cookies while they napped. Gideon had to go home before Emmett even woke up...he was really worn out!

Growing up we celebrated St. Nicholas Day on December 6th. That way you can make Christmas more about Jesus and St. Nicholas Day a little bit more about the Santa Claus stuff. My mom had a video about St. Nicholas that we would watch to learn about him and how he blessed others by giving. We'd put our shoes by the fire and get chocolate coins, something warm and something wooden. We would always have gingerbread cookies too, and give them out to friends. I love the tradition and Jim and I have been doing it, but it is so much more fun with a child!

Emmett loves the water! Bathtime is right before bed for him, and when I say it is time to go up and brush teeth and take a bath he gets really excited. He starts to motion like he is brushing his teeth and then waves and blows kisses to Jim and whoever else happens to be here. Lately in the bath he will lay down on his back and just chill.


Today Emmett had a haircut and then we went to storytime at the library. It has been really cold here, we didn't even get out of the single digits today according to my thermometer. When I came downstairs at about 8am it was -7.8 F. Brrrr, Emmett wanted to play in the snow, but I think it better warm up a bit first. Here's some pictures of the new haircut and his "What?" look.



5 comments:

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

tell him to stop growing up!

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Great haircut and thanks for watching Gideon! These boys are something else!

Andrew and Olivia said...

His hair looks really cute and I love his little pose:) I have been procrastinating about getting Emery's first hair cut but I think it is almost time.

Grandma S said...

That's neat about the boys playing so good together and having such close friends is a real blessing.

Kristine said...

I love the St. Nicholas Day idea! That way they are not missing out on Santa as well! Thanks for the post!