Sunday, November 21, 2010

Snow Day

November is passing like a blur as November and December seem to do. Emmett has been in a difficult stage the last 2 weeks or so, lots of separation anxiety plus being very strong willed. Today was actually much better, so hopefully we are at the tail end. I think he has been missing Daddy because he's been working a lot and a little over excited about our coming trip to Oregon. To top it off he has gotten pretty beat up; a black eye, a few bites from kids at daycare and a fall in our garage resulting in a big bump on the head. Kind of a rough life lately.

We attempted an impromptu family picture today because Emmett was looking awfully cute, but he preferred to be behind the camera. Our beautiful Fall brought snow this weekend. We actually had about 4 inches a week ago that all melted so this is round 2.

This afternoon Jim convinced me to test out the ski kit for our trailer. I was enjoying watching the snow from inside and feeling like I had a lot to get done, but it turned out to be just what we needed. I am so glad we live somewhere that it snows. I just wish I didn't have to drive in it.

We ski at a park just down the street that the city grooms for cross country skiing. It wasn't groomed yet, but we had fun breaking our own trail. Emmett tried catching snowflakes on his tongue. We stopped at one of the playgrounds in the park to play.

We got lots of wet snow yesterday, but today we got our usual dry powder. The wind is blowing like crazy now so we will have some crazy drifts tomorrow.

We forgot our camera, but got some decent pictures on the cell phone.

So now we are energized and ready to finish up packing for our drive to Oregon Tuesday. It will probably prove to be a very long and snowy drive, as the weather forecast is calling for more snow and high winds. Oh, and Jim and I are really looking forward to our time in Hawaii together...he is looking forward to showing people pictures of the snow that we left behind!

1 comment:

Grandma S said...

It's fun to see the snow. Looks like the ski trailer will be really neat. What a contrast Hawaii will be!