Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A picture's worth....

Here's some pictures to catch up. We've all been a little sick, but staying busy and enjoying life for the most part. Ezra had his first cold and ear infection. He didn't let it bother him to much, but it made it hard to sleep and giving a baby that young amoxicillan is a little challenging (he wanted to spit it all out).
Emmett playing his "drum set."
We've been going outside whenever we have a nice day. They've been a little few and far between, although things are rapidly improving.
We had a BBQ, kind of a belated b-day thing for me. It was so fun!
We have more zoo pictures than anyone should be allowed. This warranted sharing...it is a 5 day old zebra. Cute and wobbly!
Ezra LOVES Emmett. He seems to be fascinated with him, loves to watch him do whatever. Emmett think's Ezra is OK usually, occasionally he asks me to put Ezra outside or tells me he doesn't like him.
Emmett would wear these boots to bed if we let him. They are his fireman boots. They look stunning with a pair of shorts. Monday night we went to a big celebration downtown and he got to spray a real fire hose. It was pretty awesome. But it meant that we got separated from Jim and Ezra. They were saving our place in the ice cream line and by the time we got back we were too late. Fortunately we found each other in the crowd...it was a little crazy. I honestly couldn't believe how many strange people were there.


We went to a bluegrass festival for a while on Saturday night. It was cool and a little windy/rainy so we figured it might not be too crowded. We were right, the crowd was very small. Emmett enjoyed dancing and playing on a playground. There were groups from all over the region, good stuff.

And today we maxed out our fun meters. Emmett, Ezra and I went to the Shriners Circus. I was fairly impressed by it. I went to a circus once when I was little, probably 6 or so, and I covered my ears the entire time. Apparently I was afraid that the lions would be really loud.
These pictures are pretty bad, but I had to include them. There were tigers, bears, elephants, trapeze artists, jugglers, a magic show, plate spinners, clowns, and all kinds of other crazy stuff.

This nice clown made Emmett a balloon sword. He loved it. It popped on the way back to the car and he was very sad. Fortunately the clown gave me a balloon dog, so that consoled Emmett a little bit, but he still misses his sword.
After the circus we got some food and then went to watch Jim in a time trial hill climb. He booked it up the hill and got 3rd place, his time was pretty close to a personal best. At the top of the hill there are tons of windmills and a nice view of the Tetons.

2 comments:

Andrew and Olivia said...

Your little boys are so cute together. I'm excited to see mine together :) Emery is getting a little experience in the baby department sine my sister had her little girl a month ago and spends quite a bit of time at my moms. He likes little Callie a lot but tells me mom to make her be quite :)

Mom S said...

Such a fun update! Love it!