Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday and Weekend Stuff

My birthday and Memorial Day weekend came and went far too quickly. My birthday made me feel old this year, like I should feel like a grown-up now. I worked and Jim was in town for training so we met for lunch. An uninterrupted half hour together is a rare treat! After work I got to open some presents and then we all went to a restaurant that just moved to town. I enjoyed steak and giant shrimp. Between Jim working in town and the holiday weekend we had him at home 6 mornings in a row. Normally he leaves at 5:30am, so it was fun to have him around and he enjoyed the extra sleep.
As you can see I had some fantastic help opening gifts. Jim went above and beyond to make it special. What a sweet husband I have! I also had a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" played and sang to me by my guitar playing son.
The rest of the weekend was pretty low key, our weather was cold and windy for the most part. We did manage to make it to the zoo, work in the yard, do some shopping, visit a couple nurseries and buy some things for the yard. Here are a bunch of pictures from the zoo.
Tortoise on the move
Otter coming to visit
Playful serval kittens looking quite grown up
6 month old snow leapord being extremely playful!
Their tales are amazing!
No wonder she was abandoned by her mother...just sayin!
Bonding with the python
The weekend didn't really feel that long, and we had a four day weekend. I'm a little spoiled because I almost always have Friday off, I just finished maternity leave, and I really honestly love my job. Plus, I actually didn't work any less because of the weekend. I volunteered to work Tuesday since we have 2 techs out. That worked out pretty well for Emmett since Tuesday was the "Trike-a-Thon" for St. Jude at daycare. He wowed everyone with his balance bike, that thing has been so great!
Today Jim worked on a building project at the church. I have been wanting to go to our Farmer's Market and with our beautiful weather (finally) it was the perfect opportunity. There are actually 2 markets that are walking distance apart, with a park in between. It was the first time for Ezra to ride in the Chariot, we got a special support harness for him.
Emmett said he liked riding with Ezra. They did really good being patient while I browsed and Emmett had a lot of fun at the park. We ran into some friends and really enjoyed the sunshine. We had to head home for lunch, but we packed it outside for a picnic. When Jim got home he got lots done in the garden and flowers planted in the front. We already have chives and some volunteer lettuce and cilantro ready to go. Soon we should have spinach, more lettuce, and peas ready. We got our big tomato plants, cucumber and zucchini in. We need to fill in the open spaces, probably some basil and maybe a pepper plant. I am really excited about our raspberries, I think we'll get lots this year!

1 comment:

Mom S said...

Such cute pictures! Sure enjoy your posts, they make me smile inside & out!