Saturday, May 7, 2011

2 Month Ezra!

Ezra is now 2 months! At his check up on Thursday he was 12lbs 2 1/2 oz which is 60th percentile. He is 23 inches, 50th percentile. Something I thought was interesting is that you aren't supposed to give tylenol until a baby is 2 months old, and once a baby is 12lbs you can safely give childrens tylenol...so buying infant tylenol was unnecessary. He hated the shots of course, but has done just fine with them. His face instantly turned dark red when he got poked and the nurse said he kicked harder than most 2 month olds.
Recently Ezra amazed us by his ability to go 10 days without a dirty diaper. He was his usual happy and sleepy self, so I didn't get too concerned, although I knew it couldn't end well. Sure enough he made up for it. The pediatrician said that many babies go up to 7 days but 10 days is fairly impressive.
I still think Ezra looks a lot like Emmett did at this stage. He looks pretty round and has very cute cheeks! He still sleeps a lot and is such an easy baby. We moved him to his own room at night a couple weeks ago and usually wakes up once or twice. I just looked through Emmett's baby book, and we didn't move him to his own room until he was almost 6 months old. That tells you a lot about the differences in these boys (and a little about 2nd time parents). Also, Emmett was just a few ounces heavier at 2 months, so they are about the same size. Many of Ezra's 0-3 month clothes are getting pretty snug. At a baby shower I went to on Saturday the guest of honor had a 2 week old that is currently the same weight Ezra was at birth. Wow, 6lb 13oz looks tiny...was he really that small?!
I go back to work tomorrow so I have been planning in anticipation. I feel about as ready as I think I will ever be, it won't be easy but there are some things that I'm looking forward to also. Getting out the door (on time) in the morning and coming home and getting dinner ready will be the biggest challenges and I'm really not too worried about that. Spending an entire day without Ezra will be heart wrenching, I've been trying to decide if I should go see him on my lunch breaks. I never did with Emmett because I was afraid it would just make it harder. Getting in front of the ultrasound machine with my first few patients and remembering how to do our work flow will be awkward, but I'm sure by the end of the day I will feel like I never had a break.
We will get some new pictures of Ezra up soon!

1 comment:

Grandma S said...

Great update on Ezra! We can't wait to see new pictures of him. Hope your 1st day back went well.