We had a nice long and refreshing vacation to visit our families. We got on the road just before 5pm (we both got off work a bit early and finished packing) and drove all night. I really pulled my weight by driving a lot, a big coffee at 1am really helped me power through :-) After a few hours of sleep at my parents we were off running....to a track meet!
Winn and Audrey did fantastic and we got to watch most of their events! Emmett got a good education about track (maybe a future runner like his dad) and Ezra enjoyed the attention and space to run. Friday afternoon my sister arrived, so we got to see lots of people that we hadn't seen since Thanksgiving...too long!
Saturday morning we had a bridal shower for Mikaylee and while I did that Jim took the boys out to his Grandma's. The shower was fun, I organized the games and they were entertaining. One of them involved way too many sour gumballs, but I think Mikaylee will forgive me. She got some really nice things for he future home. After the shower a couple of my Aunts visiting from Portland came over and Jim and the boys came back so we could all visit together. Saturday evening after dinner we went to a park with my family.
Again, sorry about the sideways pictures. Saturday also happend to be my birthday, so I got to open some presents and we had yummy cake. Here I'm really excited about my new glass bowl for my kitchenaid mixer. It will be SO nice to soften butter in the bowl in the microwave. That has been my pet peeve with my metal bowl, thanks Mom and Dad!
Stay tuned for more trip details and pictures!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Elise! I LOVE the pictures of your parents sliding with the boys! So fun to see grandparents having a good time with their grand kids
loved seeing you, it needs to happen more often.
A tip with the pictures. I always hosted else where (flickr) and posted the html here. blogger and flickr are pretty interactive. Email me if you need help with it, it will allow you to post bigger pictures too.
Post a Comment