We enjoyed a four day weekend this past weekend. We had lots of plans so we took Friday to work around the house and run errands. On Saturday we headed out to Twin Falls for a criterium style bike race. We were joined by our children's pastor and his daughter Katie. On the way over we watched the Wizard of Oz because Emmett and I recently finished reading the book together. The race start/finish line was near a highschool and we had a big field to play in. Katie was fun to have along, she's 12 and the boys love to play with her. Jim's race was 40 minutes around a 1km loop. He ended up 4th out of about 17 riders.
| Jim and Pator Joel lead a lap |
| Just after the start |
They had an awards ceremony for the kids at the end and Emmett even got to stand on a podium. He got a little dog tag style "medal" and a gift certificate for frozen yogurt. We watched a little more racing, and then went to dinner and of course we went to get Emmett's well deserved frozen yogurt. We didn't get home until 10:30pm, Emmett finally fell asleep about 15 minutes from home.
Sunday was my birthday. When we all finally got moving the boys insisted that I open a present before church. We only had one service at church and then a BBQ afterwards. It was nice weather to be outside and the kids had fun playing while we caught up with friends, but we didn't stick around too long so the boys could both have naps. I opened the rest of my gifts and then I went on a bike ride (I had to try out my new helmet). I had a few restaurants that I wanted to have my birthday dinner at, but they all ended up being closed on Sundays. So we went to Red Robin which is always good.
Monday I headed out before people were awake to get the grocery shopping done. After breakfast Jim went on a group bike ride and the boys and I headed out on a walk to a cemetary to see all the flags and flowers. Emmett had been curious about the cemetary because we drive by it a lot, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to explore it. Then we played at the nearby park. On the way home we walked past the zoo, which I was assuming would be very crowded. There weren't very many people there and I had my zoo pass with us, so we did a quick loop. It was cool out and the animals were pretty active. Then we walked back home and had lunch. The rest of the day was spent getting ready for a BBQ at our house. We had 3 families over for a BBQ and unfortunately didn't get any pictures. The food was good and the company was great.
1 comment:
Fun times! Cute picture of Emmett with his medal!
Post a Comment