Sunday, May 19, 2013

Playing Around In Town

The first two weekends in May were spent around town.  We went to a healthy kids fair at the YMCA one Saturday morning.  I had a haircut scheduled so I took the boys right when it opened and they got lots of time all to themselves in the bounce house.  Jim met us there so they could do the other activities (they spent the first 45 minutes in the bounce house) while I went to get my hair done.  The rest of the weekend we worked around the house and yard, got the garden in and some blueberry plants.  The weather got really nasty that week (first windy, the freezing) so we are hoping it all will survive.   
 

 




 
The next weekend was beautiful weather.  On Friday the boys and I met friends at the zoo.  It was crowded and crazy for some reason, but we had fun and took a picnic.  It is so nice to be able to walk to the zoo from our house on days like this.  On Saturday we went to a bike shop that recently built a new location in town and to this wonderful store.  We walked along the river to the farmers market and then to a playground.  Then we walked along the river back to the car.  On Mother's Day we went to church and the boys had lots of little homemade gifts.  They also "helped" Jim plant flowers for the front porch.  We sat outside and enjoyed the sun, I finished a book for my book club and since the wind had picked up I couldn't feel the sun much and got a sunburn on my legs.  We went out for Italian for dinner...no cooking, no cleanup and leftovers for the next day :-)  
 

Emmett has one more week of the soccer program we are doing now and then he will start a different soccer program through the YMCA.  The Y has a "pee wee league" which meets once a week for an hour and they practice the first half and then play a game the second half.  He is really enjoying soccer so I thought we'd try adding in the teamwork part of it. 

No comments: