Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break Visit from M&M

Our Spring weather has continued and we have been enjoying it.  Ezra and Elliott had their 4 year and 6 month well child checks which went well.  Ezra got his kindergarten shots which were a surprise for both of us and he did great.  I had Ezra tested for a UTI based on some things he had said, and it was negative.  Kind of interesting getting him to pee in a cup while trying to hold Elliott.  Also this was the first time Ezra has had his ears checked since we had trouble with fluid in them last year, and they were all clear which was a relief.  Elliott got his 6 month shots and had a fever the next day but was fine otherwise.  Food guidelines have really loosened up for babies since my other two were babies, they used to think early introduction of foods increased allergies and now they are thinking that is false.  The doctor encouraged all sorts of foods including dairy and eggs which they used to have you hold off on longer.  Here are the growth stats:

Ezra at 4:
Height 37 3/4 inches  (7%)
Weight 30lb 6oz (8%)
BP 92/57

Elliott at 6 months:
Height 26 1/2 inches (38%)
Weight 15lb 2oz (8%)
Head Circumference 43 1/4cm (43%)

Our church had a Nerf gun battle as a fundraiser for a pastor of a church in Eastern Europe.  Emmett remembers the one they did a year and a half ago and he loved it.  Ezra was a little more hesitant, but had a good time too.  

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day to get in touch with our Irish heritage.  I had gotten a few books from the library about St. Patrick to read.  We had Lucky Charms for breakfast and of course corned beef, potatoes, carrots and Irish soda bread for dinner.  I skipped the cabbage this year since I'm the only one who ever eats it.
My 3 little leprechauns


Playing soccer in the yard

To make our Spring Break extra special my sister and her husband came for a visit.  We met them down in Salt Lake City and went to the Hogle Zoo.  It was a very nice day and fairly crowded, but we had a lot of fun.  We had only been there once before, on Ezra's 1st birthday, and they had new areas built since then with seals, sea lions, grizzly bears and a polar bear.  The giraffes had a new area too and there was a baby orangutan.









Sunday was nice here so we went to the park in the afternoon and did lots of jumping on the trampoline.  The big boys got to stay home with their aunt and uncle on Monday while I went to work. I sent Elliott to daycare so Mark and Mikaylee would have their hands only mostly full and not overly full.  We had really nice weather on Sunday, then it got windy and rainy on Monday and Tuesday morning before they had to leave it was snowing enough to just about cover the grass completely.  It was great to have visitors, and made Spring break way better than a normal week.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi, I tried to comment yesterday but it didn't go through. What I said was that I'm looking up cabbage recipes, since I have some leftover:) We didn't have our corned beef until the 19th, but we still celebrate our heritage. Love, Mom T