Monday, June 19, 2017

Color Run, May

At the end of April Emmett and I did the Color Run 5K.  I have never enjoyed running, but I wanted to do a 5K and this seemed like a fun one to try.  I did a 5K training program which had me running out in the snow in February when I started.  It was a great way to build up endurance and we were blessed with a really nice day for the run.  I didn't get all the way through my training program, but my goal was to run the whole 5K.  Emmett hadn't really trained, but he runs A LOT, so we both were pretty sure that he would do OK.  I was able to keep my goal except when I had to wait for Emmett when he had shoe trouble and a couple times when people were walking and we had to wait to get around.  Emmett and I stayed together and he was happy to pour on the heat at the end so he could say he beat me.  Now that I have worked up to where I am, I feel like I should keep running a bit, so I am trying to find time.




During April we also visited the dentist.  Elliott had his first "happy visit" where they counted his teeth.  He didn't let them do much, but I think he had a positive experience.  Emmett had his first cavity so a couple weeks later we got a babysitter for his brothers and he and I went in together for his filling.  He had laughing gas and did great.  I was a little nervous because of how he has freaked out for shots, but he was very calm.  Our dentist advertises as the "free iPad dentist" and I asked if we qualified now that we had a family of 4 getting the full cleaning and x-rays.  I asked again at Emmett's filling appointment.  My persistence paid off because I got a call the next day that they had an iPad for us.  We have been loyal customers (every 6 months) for 12 years, so I'm glad that they came through!

Soccer season finished up and even though we liked this other league, Emmett asked to go back to AYSO for a couple of reasons.  I did a freezer meal prep class where we prepped 10 freezer meals.  Elliott and I got to go to Ezra's field trip to the zoo and our whole family attended Emmett's class presentation of KidTown.  Ezra lost his first tooth, it had been wiggly for quite a while and he couldn't get it out, so I got to pull it out for him.


I had a fun birthday.  Jim had the day off and after we got the boys off to school we took Elliott to daycare so we could have a date.  It was a really rainy day, but we went out to a coffee shop our friends own for breakfast and then did some shopping.  We went home to meet Ezra's bus and I went and had a pedicure.  Jim completed some projects around the house.  When Emmett got home I made them play some board games that we can't usually play with Elliott around.  Then we went and picked Elliott up and went to Japanese Hibachi grill for dinner.  The Hibachi chef put on a really good show and the boys enjoyed it and I enjoyed the food.  We picked up a cake a Dairy Queen and went home so I could open presents.

Memorial Day weekend we picnicked at a park that has a big flag display.




No comments: