This past summer we finished our basement. In the wonderful part of the country that we live in, basements are a cozy and dry addition to your square footage. Not at all what I was used to in Oregon where basements always seemed wet and scary. We decided that investing in our home was probably a good way to diversify, seeing as how our 401Ks were going down, down, down. So we hired part of it out to a contractor and did part of it ourselves. It turned out great! However, after spending the money to remodel, we now are saving up to furnish the space. The most exciting room down there is the media room, our own little movie theater. Jim completely insulated the entire room plus wired it for every possible speaker configuration. He promptly took our stereo system down there and has been using the room to crank up the tunes and unwind.
This past week we finally got our big screen TV, so now our furniture-less room has its crowning jewel. I seriously think watching a TV that big is headache inducing, but I'm told that I'll get used to it. I really haven't spent much time in front of it because I think TV time is inappropriate for a baby...something about overstimulating those immature neurons. We are working on getting Emmett's bedtime a bit more consistent between 7 and 8pm so we can have some grown up time to enjoy our theater. Maybe someday we will even have something comfortable to sit on in there.
Crazy Big!
In other news Emmett is getting SO close to rolling over. I have to remember to stop schlepping him around everywhere and give the poor kid a chance to practice his mad skills. He has always been pretty strong (so said the nurse who tried to get his footprints), so he has been holding his head up really well since birth. However he hasn't seemed to like tummy time at all, but recently he has been lasting longer and longer and pulling his head up high enough to look around. He is also doing the little crunches when on his back, he would so much rather be upright than laying on his back. One of my favorite thing that he is doing is falling asleep in his cradle. I've had a hard time getting him on much of a schedule, I guess I'm just not much of a schedule person even though I thought I was. However, I have just recently really been able to pick up his tired cues and if I can get in on this TINY little window I can put him in his cradle with a pacifier and just about walk away. The window is tiny, and if I miss it naptime is much harder to come by.
I can't wait to hike!
The most exciting thing to report is that my sister, Mikaylee, gets here tomorrow! She has her last final today and will be spending most of her winter break with us. This will be great because she will be watching Emmett when I go back to work. I go back to work on Monday and for three weeks I won't have to worry about getting Emmmett to daycare. Hopefully this will make the transition much easier. We are so excited to spend time with Mikaylee too, this will be the longest that we have been together in probably 6 years.



3 comments:
That "Mr. Messy" picture is so cute. He will be on the go and ready to hike soon.
He went from “Mr. Messy” to “Mr. Messi”.
Yes so true he went from messy to messi he is 16 know and so good at soccer
Post a Comment