Friday, February 18, 2011

Smoothies, Appointments, Spring Fever

Here is the latest of Emmett helping in the kitchen. He likes helping with the blender, even though it's loud. I think he could just about make coffee in the morning too, because that is the first thing we do when we go downstairs each morning. If you haven't tried mixing spinach into your smoothies, you should! Even Jim drinks them that way now.

I continue to be accident prone and broke a tooth on Sunday night. I was eating popcorn and thought I had a kernal stuck in my tooth, but it ended up that a quarter of one of my lower molars was cracked and wiggling around. So first thing Monday morning I got a temporary crown and this morning I had the permanent crown put on. It was an interesting experience and worked out pretty well with scheduling appointments so I feel pretty fortunate.
I got a late start on my paperwhites because of traveling around the holidays, but they are now blooming. They are such a fun and easy flower to grow!



Of course Jim got some great pictures of them!



After I got my crown this morning, a process that ended up taking 2 hours, I had to go to my OB Dr. appointment. I started at my doctor's office and then ended up going to the hospital that I will deliver at because the doctor was tied up there. The hospital is almost done with a HUGE labor and delivery remodel, so it was great to get a chance to see it, it has changed a lot since I worked there/delivered there. I also got a GREAT labor nurse to talk to while I waited to see my doctor and that was really helpful. I've been having quite a few sporadic contractions and had about an hours worth of regular, slightly more intense contractions yesterday. I went ahead and made an appointment to be induced the 9th, but I'd love to go into labor before then.
While I was doing the dentist and doctor thing, Jim and Emmett were at home with the carpet cleaner. Emmett told Jim that he had seen the carpet cleaner guy at daycare, and sure enough he had been there a few days ago to give them an estimate. We couldn't believe that Emmett could remember him from that! Our carpets look great, so glad we had that done.

We've had some warmer days and our snow has been melting. There is probably still a lot of winter left, but we've allowed ourselves to get a bit of spring fever and venture outside for an activity other than skiing. Tuesday was downright balmy (close to 50 degrees), but it's cooled back down and snowed a bit since then. Emmett went on his 3rd outside bike ride of the year today and is doing great making a loop around the neighborhood. Jim got a ride in today also and said it felt great to ride outside after spinning on his trainer all winter.

1 comment:

Mom S. said...

We sure do love hearing what you guys are up to and the cute stories about Emmett. He is doing such grown up things! Looking forward to the 9th or before! Love you all.