Saturday, February 26, 2011

One last weekend until baby

We had a fairly uneventful week and a nice low-key weekend. Saturday morning we had one of Emmett's favorite breakfasts. He loves crepes, but they are sure messy. He can eat as many crepes as Dad!


We spent most of Saturday at home. Jim went cross-country skiing and then he and Emmett did a little sledding at the hill down the street. I took tags off and washed all the new baby stuff, made cookies, figured out my Moby wrap, read, and played with Emmett. I sort of feel like I am trying to hold off going into labor, so I haven't been doing a ton. I was really hoping to not have the baby on Jim's birthday, and I've just about made it! His birthday is today.



Jim's birthday wasn't quite as exciting as last year, but we still had a good time. He got to open presents, do a little treasure hunt, fly his new helicopter and we are about to head out the door for dinner.


We did an ultrasound on Wednesday and estimated the baby's weight at 7lb 6oz. I was feeling a little miserable that day, partly due to knowing that he was already as big as Emmett was when he was born. On Friday at my doctor's appt I was dilated 3cm. My doctor is going out of town next weekend, and so because of my progress she moved my induction up to March 2nd. I'd still love to go into labor, so we'll see. I'm working on Monday and then starting my maternity leave. Doesn't 3-2-11 sound like a nice birthday?

We took this picture to replicate a picture when I was pregnant with Emmett. Do you remember this (click the word this to link to the old photo)? That picture was taken the night we went to the hospital and Emmett was born the next day. Looking forward to introducing the newest member of our family in the next post!

No comments: