Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I'm eating jelly beans and feeling a little unmotivated to do housework and grocery shopping and disgusted in our weather, so I'll at least do something on my list and get these pictures up.

Friday we had that fun group of babies at our house again and it was nice to visit with the other moms. I organized it before I realized that it was when the daycare Easter Egg hunt was going on. Probably the inch of snow that morning didn't slow anyone down. Emmett would have enjoyed going to that, but fortunately he is still young enough that he didn't realize what he was missing. He loves having people over. He is always asking me if he can have his teachers and friends over, he also would like to have firemen come. He got a fun lunch that day.
I had to get this ranunculus when I saw it, they are one of my favorite flowers. We'll have to plant it outside and see how it does.
Saturday we decorated Easter eggs. We had toy story and veggie tales kits and Emmett thought that was pretty cool.
After decorating eggs I took Ezra to the Baby Spring Fling, a mixture of informational booths and craft booths. It was sponsered by the Idaho Baby Wearers so it was fun to see all the different carriers people were using. Emmett and Jim went to the zoo and the earth day celebration at the park. Emmett got to go in an ambulance and sit on a four wheeler, so he was pretty excited. The weather was nice, so we spent as much time as possible outside, did a little gardening, playing in the yard, etc.
Easter morning we read a good chunk of our Big Picture Bible to help Emmett understand what Easter is about. It is such a hard concept to explain to a toddler! And every time we say Jesus Rose, he pictures Jesus in a row boat....Jesus rows. We had some fun Easter baskets with little gifts from the grandparents and us. And we ate chocolate banana croissants and scrambled eggs, yum!
Church was a zoo! It was such a great service, but it is sad to me how many people come to church on Easter that aren't normally there. I guess it is good that it gets people in the door, but it was a little insane. We went to the first service and then Sunday school. The service was long, so we opted not to wait for the kids Easter egg hunt. Next year Emmett probably won't let us get out of all the festivities.
After lunch and a nap we headed over to the Topliff's for what has become an annual tradition of doing Easter dinner together. The first year we did it I was pregnant with Emmett, and the meals just keep getting crazier! The food was great and we enjoyed ours while forcing the kids to try a little of everything. After dinner the big boys had a bike ride and then an egg hunt.
After the egg hunt we had way too much dessert and let the kids run off some of the sugar before heading home. I was pretty careful to not let Emmett eat too much candy, but the excitement of the day must have got to him because he slept TERRIBLE last night. That kid just gets overstimulated so easily!
So it was a great Easter weekend, made especially nice by the best weather we've had. Today it's back to 20-30mph winds and rain with a chance of snow tonight. And now I'm off to try to get something done...only 2 more weeks of maternity leave for me.

1 comment:

Andrew and Olivia said...

We had our best weekend of the Spring over Easter too. It's been cold, windy, and snowing off and on for weeks. Blah. You look great Elise. You can't even tell you just had a baby! We started trying to explain Easter to Emery this year too. We got him some of those resurrection eggs which really seemed to help him focus a little better since it made learning fun. He got Palm Sunday no problem and would tell us Jesus rode on a donkey when we asked. But Easter he was still fuzzy on :)I figure even if he just gets it a little bit that's pretty good for 3.