Here's a few pictures from our trip to the pumpkin patch. Like I said previously, we had the place to ourselves. Unfortunately it seems that the crowds add to the fun, because it was sort of an odd experience being alone there.
They have a cool train, but of course it wasn't running since no one was there.
Emmett did get to climb around on the train and pretend like he was the driver.
Here is the pumpkin that we chose. Emmett could lift it and carry it just a little ways.
The pumpkin patch also had a non-working toy tractor that Emmett thought was lots of fun. You can see the price of the pumpkins in the background, I thought they were way overpriced!
We also went to a park that we don't usually go to. Emmett is always interested to try new parks (especially to see if they have a fireman pole). We pass this one quite a bit and he always asks to stop, so we made a special trip there.
Ezra seemed to enjoy his first swinging experience.
The falls colors have been good this year, here is a tree we can see out our window.
Sunday morning Jim and Emmett went to the skate park before church. They thought it would be a non-crowded time, and sure enough they had the place to themselves. So Emmett got to do some trick riding.
Jim said that Emmett went out on this little peninsula and "spread his wings to fly."
The park with the skate park has some beautiful trees.


After church we ate lunch and then loaded up for a scenic drive into the mountains. The boys fell asleep pretty quickly and took good naps in the car. It was a fun way to spend naptime!

The boys woke up for the 2nd half and were good sports even though the fall colors were less than enthralling for them. We stopped for square ice cream on the way home to make the trip worthwhile.



After that fun weekend we returned to quite the week. Ezra has a new talent for blowing out many diapers a day. I always take him 2 extra sets of clothes to daycare and this week he was wearing a random assortment of their clothing each day when I picked him up, having gone through all of his own clothes first. That equaled lots of laundry for mom. I also got some wierd stomach flu thing Monday night and spent Tuesday recouperating (as much as one can with two kids to care for). It hit Jim on Wednesady night and seemed to be a lot worse for him, he missed 2 days of work and it still not feeling great. The boys have stayed healthy.
And here are the donuts that I made. I think I'll stick to bakery donuts, but it was a fun project.

And also the pillow covers are finished. I saw this project a few years ago and wanted to do it and finally got around to it.

The pumpkin patch is actually less than a mile from our house, so when we saw how crowded it was today, Emmett and I decided to go there so he could ride the train. He rode by himself around the loop, staying put when the train ran out of gas and the driver had to go get more.

We also did the hay bale/corn maze. As we were leaving the train honked it's horn which scared Emmett to tears! It was pretty loud and unexpected. 
This evening we took the car through a carwash. We usually wash our own cars, but we thought Emmett would think a carwash was lots of fun. He liked it so much he thought we should do it again!
2 comments:
I know what you mean about the pumpkin patch not being as fun without the people, but it looks like a beautiful day anyway :) I love seeing all the stuff you find to do with your boys. I want to find out when our fire station has an open house!
Such beautiful pictures! We so enjoy seeing all about your outings & goings on. So sorry to hear you've been sick.
Fancy donuts & great pillows!
We miss you.
Post a Comment