Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fire Station Open House and Fall

We had a busy week, and I'm finally getting these pictures up. Each year our city fire stations host an open house. Last year it coincided with my parent's visit and we all went. That pretty much started an obsession with all things firefighter for Emmett. He often refers to our house as the fire station and our car as the fire truck. He usually makes it out the door with at least one firefigher accessory (hat, boots, pretend radio, pretend hose, pretend axe, pretend oxygen tank).
Tuesday night we went to our nearest fire station with our little firefighter. He was so excited, but so serious too. He wouldn't even smile for pictures because it was all so serious for him. When we first got there a firefighter was walking around with his oxygen tank and mask on. It made a funny sound when he was breathing which really interested Emmett.
He went in the ambulance and got "hooked up" to the machine inside.
Holding the huge nozzle
So serious with the axe
Sitting in the fire engine with a real helmet on
Stairway to Heaven
We had a great time and appreciated all the firefighters showing us all their gear. It was fun to see all the other firefighter obsessed kids there. These guys are true heroes and these kids sure idolize them. There was a full moon that night and when we told Emmett that it was a full moon he asked us what it was full of.
Friday morning Emmett and I both went to the dentist. This was Emmett's first trip to the dentist and when I made the appointment they said they'd do my cleaning and exam first and then him. However they had 2 exam rooms ready that were next door to eachother so we both had our cleaning at the same time. I was pretty sure Emmett would do well, but I thought I would be in there with them. He let them do everything, polish, x-rays, flouride treatment (he chose bubblegum flavor) and the doctor's exam. No cavities, yay! I on the other hand have 2 cavities :-( They had cartoons playing on the TV in the ceiling, so he was pretty happy.
We also went to the pumpkin patch on Friday. The experience wasn't as fun this year, we were pretty much the only ones there and Emmett really didn't seem that interested. In the afternoon I made apple cider donuts. It was my first time making donuts and they turned out OK, but not my favorite. I am enjoying the cooler weather to do things inside like baking and working on a never ending list of books I want to read and crafts I want to do. I can now cross off donuts, a birthday present sewing project, and I 'm half done with fall pillow covers.

No comments: