We also went on our annual Christmas Tree Hunt. It was a cold morning (as usual) so we loaded up with snacks, emergency food and supplies, and lots of warm clothes. We drove to our usual spot and bundled up. We trekked across the frozen creek and up the hill away from the road. Jim pulled the boys in the sled some and Ezra got dumped a couple of times. He was getting a little antsy and cold, so we did some speed searching for the perfect tree. We found one that looked good and headed out. On the way out we sledded down some hills and had lots of fun. We unbundled in the car while Jim loaded up the tree. Then we had snacks and hot chocolate on the way home.
The tree grew on the way home and we had to cut some off to make it fit in the house...that always seems to happen. It is extremely prickly, maybe a different type of tree than we have had before. On the way back into town we also stopped at the butcher to pick up a quarter share of a cow that I bought from a friend. They raise a few black angus cows each year for meat. We sold our small chest freezer and bought a large upright to hold all the meat. It is awesome to have all the freezer space and I am liking the upright design. It is awfully full of beef right now!
We also celebrated St. Nicholas day. We did it a day late because it worked out better for us. I made gingerbread cookies and we put out our shoes by the fire. The next morning there were small gifts, we usually do something warm, something wood and money or chocolate coins. The boys got matching pajamas and a wooden catapult.
Here is a Santa picture from Jim's work party.
![]() |
| Telling Santa what they want for Christmas |
![]() |
| This is about the coldest I saw on the car...oops, looks like I'm late for work! |
![]() |
| Santa at Costco |












1 comment:
I didn't know Costco had a Santa -that was fun! Also, I really like the mitten garland/advent mittens? on the stair rail!
Post a Comment