Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elliott comes home

First a couple random shots.
Emmett with Charlie Chukar, getting his game ball signed.

A shooting range at the fair.

We got home from the hospital Saturday afternoon and hung out watching movies, cuddling a baby, playing with big boys and Jim took the big boys out on various outings and errands.  

Monday night was back to school night at Emmett's school.  Jim took Emmett initially and then I brought Ezra and Elliott.  It was a little crazy with so many people trying to navigate a brand new school and newbies like us trying to figure out what we even needed to do.  We delivered the supplies to his classroom, met his teacher, paid two different fees, and took a self-guided tour.  After seeing the classroom and meeting the teacher I mostly watched Emmett and Ezra play on the kindergarten only playground while Jim did the rest.  Elliott loved hanging out in the sling.  We got home and enjoyed a gourmet meal cooked by a man in our church.  Our church has a new sign up system for meals and it has been a real blessing to our family.  I got to choose how frequently to get meals and for how long and good friends signed up along with people that we hardly know.
Kindergarten only playground.  This is their entrance and there is even an indoor play area for bad weather.

Tuesday was the first day of school and Emmett was excited to have cinnamon rolls, wear new school shoes and ride the bus.  I had Jim follow the bus so that we would know the route.  Everything went great until kindergarten was over and somehow all the kids from our neighborhood had their transportation forms misplaced and our kids weren't on the bus home.  Jim was home from work that day, on paternity leave, so he drove to the school to get Emmett.  Emmett didn't get too bothered by the mix-up, but the girl across the street was pretty sad.  He didn't have much to say about his day, although he was excited to go back.  I meanwhile was emailing the teacher and calling the school and transportation department to get things straightened out.





 While Emmett was at school Ezra enjoyed playing with toys by himself and then went to the zoo with Jim.  Ezra still really likes building towers, above you can see a "tree fort" that he built.


Mama snow leopard and 2 babies if you can find them.




 Elliott is awake a little more each day and is very calm and cuddly.  He doesn't mind tummy time, he could probably be a tummy sleeper if we let him.
 Ezra also got to try the pedal bike on the trainer to practice pedaling and rode around the driveway with some help.

 On Wednesday I got the boys out the door early and took them to daycare.  I'm trying to keep Ezra in pre-school at least 1-2 days a week and get Emmett used to taking the van to and from daycare so that it will be an easier transition when I go back to work.  It also gives me time to get more done (or nap) and spend some quality time with Elliott.  The daycare van worked out just great.  I picked the boys up and then we got to go pick up Grandma at the airport shuttle stop.  

 Grandma was here for a week and we did lots with her here.  She is a great baby holder, big boy playmate, dinner maker, kitchen cleaner, bus meeter, bed maker, etc.

 On Thursday she watched the little ones while I took Emmett to the bus stop.  Emmett also got home on the bus just fine that day.  Thursday afternoon we had a picnic in the basement.  We spent the afternoon jumping on the trampoline and playing and had a dinner brought to us.

Friday morning Jim took Ezra to the zoo and I went and ran some errands by myself while Emmett was at kindergarten and my mom hung out with Elliott.  In the afternoon we went to the library and out to ice cream at the dairy.

 Friday evening Emmett had soccer practice at the park, so Ezra got to play with Grandma.  I stayed home and made baked potatoes, salad and BBQ steak.



 On Saturday Emmett had his soccer game.  The weather was amazing, so even Elliott got to go.  Emmett played great and had 2 goals.  After soccer we had my friend come do Elliott's newborn photo session.  She is just starting her photography business and did a great job on our maternity pictures.  She hung out with us all afternoon into the evening to get what she wanted.


 On Sunday we all went to church and Elliott did great.  After lunch I tried really hard to get Ezra to take a nap, but it backfired and I got a nap and he didn't.  When I woke up we just barely had time to get to the zoo before it closed.  After the zoo the boys went to another park with Grandma and Dad.  I intercepted another yummy meal from a friend of ours.
Dancing to the music in the hut.







 On Monday Jim went to work and Grandma got Emmett to the bus while I took Ezra to pre-school.  Then Elliott and my Mom and I went out to breakfast and did a little shopping and got the prongs on my ring checked, which has been on my to do list for a long time.  We got home to meet Emmett's bus and then Grandma watched Elliott while Emmett and I went out to lunch.  He has been wanting to try Chinese food, which we never eat because Jim doesn't really care for it.  I don't think Emmett ended up liking it very much, other than the steamed rice, and he loved the Dr. Pepper and the fortune in his cookie.  His fortune said he had the qualities of charm and courtesy.  I think that is about right for him usually.  After our date we took Grandma to his school to meet his teacher and see his classroom.  Then we went and picked Ezra up and played for the rest of the day.  Grandma made her famous meatballs and we had spaghetti for dinner.

Tuesday Grandma took Emmett to the bus stop again and then Ezra helped me bake.  We made lemon zucchini bread, muffins, and chocolate zucchini cake.  Ezra likes to help with the mixer and likes to taste everything (flour, baking soda, etc.).  Emmett got home and we took a picnic to the park to meet some friends.  They had tons of fun playing and then we came home and played the Wii.  Then Grandma and the boys ate leftovers and Jim and I took Elliott with us on a dinner date.

Wednesday morning we got up early to do pre-school and daycare van.  After we dropped the boys off I took my Mom to the shuttle stop to go back to the airport.  I spent the rest of my day organizing pictures, working on baby books and teaching Elliott to sleep in his crib.  Jim came home a bit early and we picked the boys up early.  We had another delicious dinner delivered and had a good photo session with the boys.  Elliott also had his first bath at home which seemed really relaxing to him.  Then he came with me to book club and slept through it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

/wow, I can't believe how the last 6 years have gone! How exciting to see what the next six years will bring. Emmett is so ready for Kindergarten, and Ezra for preschool. Your daycare is great and Elliott will thrive in the next coming years. Mom T