Saturday, September 20, 2014

Impromptu photoshoot and first bath at home

 Sometimes third babies don't get many pictures and the baby book is forgotten.  We are working hard to make sure this isn't true with Elliott.  I have been writing things down in his baby book and he even was the first of our boys that we have paid to do newborn pictures.  Jim does a great job photographing our boys, but since I had a friend start doing newborn photography we decided to try it out.  I've seen some great sneak peeks of our session, but in the meantime while we are waiting for those pictures Jim did an impromptu photo session.








 Even the big boys got in on the fun.  Emmett is very serious about his baby brother.  He doesn't usually ask to hold him, and when he does hold him he is extremely careful.
 Ezra asks to hold his brother all the time.  He doesn't want to hold him very long.  He covers his ears when Elliott cries.





 Elliott's cord still hasn't fallen off.  He got circumcised on Thursday, so I decided to give him a real bath the night before since they have to wait 2 weeks to be immersed after they are circumcised.  I had to be careful to not let his cord get wet, but he really enjoyed his bathtub and was very relaxed the whole time.  The boys loved to watch and wanted to feel how warm his water was.  Emmett, in his extreme cation towards Elliott, wanted to make sure that the water on his hand wouldn't be to hot to put in Elliott's bath.

His two week appointment went well and he is up to 6lb 13oz and 20.5inches.  That is exactly what Ezra was at birth.  Elliott's neck is getting stronger and he is awake a little longer during the day.

1 comment:

Beth said...

wonderful pictures:) He looks so much like his older brothers. I need to date all the pictures, but it's great that you have the same blanket, from Great Grandma Tevlin and your rings. Can't wait to see you in October. Love, Mom T