Today Emmett had his 9 month check-up. Jim is off work so we made it a family affair. Emmett started a fever last night and he still has it. Fortunately at the 9 month check there are no shots, otherwise they probably would have had to delay them because of the fever. He had a fever 2 weeks ago, it also came on a Thursday night. He is mostly just super mellow and tired, and responds well to Tylenol. The doctor thought that it was probably viral because it is a little high for just a teething fever. Emmett weighs 16lb 10oz which is only the 3rd percentile. He is 28 1/4 inches which is the 40th percentile. So he continues to be a pretty skinny kid. Dr. Moore wasn't worried, but did encourage us to let him load up on "unhealthy" things like cheese, buttered toast, etc.
Emmett has started rolling to get places. He is still fairly containable though. Yesterday he was laying on the floor and I looked over and he had gotten into a sitting position, so apparently he can do that too, although I haven't seen him do it yet. He slept through the night a few times last week, so hopefully after his virus passes we can continue to make progress in that area. I am so used to not much sleep that I started getting up super early for work just because I couldn't sleep any longer. Emmett has been eating rice cereal, oatmeal, lots of fruits and veggies, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt. I gave him some cheerios the other day and he enjoyed playing with them, but didn't try to put them in his mouth. He seemed to like it when I put them in his mouth, he would eat them, and he would feed them to me. But he doesn't seem interested in self feeding. The best part about that is he isn't trying to eat stuff off the floor! He has both bottom front teeth and today the pediatrician thought the two uppers were close to breaking through.
We should have some fun pictures to post from this weekend, we are headed to Jim's work picnic and the zoo. I will include some pictures Jim took today...it's been another crazy weather day.
No comments:
Post a Comment