Monday, September 21, 2009

one year young

Hard to believe (in some ways) that Emmett is a year today. And fun to think back on what we were doing a year ago! I had such a great pregnancy and wonderful delivery. Emmett has truly been a blessing. We have learned so much, mostly about ourselves and our loving Savior. I am used to studying hard and always knowing the answer, and you just can't do that with a child...what a challenge!

Today Emmett and I left extra early to go get donuts for the helpers at daycare. Then he spent the day with his friends at daycare while I worked. He loved having them sing to him. They said he definitely knew it was for him. After daycare we met some friends at Red Robin. It was our friend Kim's birthday too. Emmett had cantaloupe and french fries, two favorites, and then they brought balloons, sang, and gave him an ice cream sundae. He loved the balloons, and thought the singing was pretty good too. The whipped cream was good, as was the chocolate, the ice cream was suprisingly cold, but he decided it was good too. With all the excitement he didn't get much sleep, and zonked out early. I guess the presents will have to wait!

Emmett goes to the doctor for his one year check up tomorrow, so I should have some stats then. He loves to cruise around the furniture, and he absolutely loves pushing his toys with wheels around. One of his most played with toys are the stacking cups...such a small investment for hours of fun. He often "lets go" while standing up, and occasionaly stands up in the middle of the room, but isn't walking yet.


We think he has six teeth, but he can screem like he has a full set. He loves water (baths, sprinklers, pools) and likes to get outdoors and see new things.

Emmett and his friend Gideon love coasters, especially when they look like lollipops!

Yah, balloons!

2 comments:

Grandpa & Grandma S said...

Happy Birthday Emmett!! We love you!

Grandma S said...

(Don't know where that amp; came from in the last comment.)